Monday, June 11, 2012

What I made this week:
                                            This week I made these yummy, moist strawberry 
                                            cupcakes. My whole family loved them and so did 
                                            I! I made them with a plain pink icing.                         
                                                           How To Make Them:
                                                        You will need:
                                                                      6 TBSP butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1 cup self-raising flour, sifted
1/3 cup milk
1/2 TPS vanilla extract 
1/2 cups of fresh strawberries
                                                                          Topping:
1/2 cups confectioners sugar
2 TBSP hot water
few drops of pink coloring
Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 320 F. Line or spray 24 mini cupcake pan. In a Medium size bowl, use an electric mixer on high speed to cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add an egg and mix well.
2. Add the flour, milk, vanilla, and beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until well combined, then  stir in the chopped strawberries.
3. Divide the mixture evenly as you can in the pan. Bake 10-15 minutes until well risen and firm to the touch or you may stick a tooth pick and it should come out clean. Allow to cool on a wire rack. Then add the icing.
Topping:
1. Mix the confectioners sugar and then add enough hot water in till smooth paste, and add a tint of pink coloring. Spread, dip, spoon evenly on the cupcakes. 
How I found this book:
When my family went to Half Price Books, there was a row of all kinds of cooking books. Then I came across this book (As seen above). It has so many cupcake recipes in it I just made the strawberry mini cupcakes. All the cupcakes on the plate were gone in just 1 day! 
 They were SO GOOD! My whole family loved them. They were so moist!!
I hope you enjoy them
-Julia :)

No comments:

Post a Comment