Friday, November 23, 2012

Thanksgiving Baking 

This Thanksgiving I baked for my WHOLE family. Cousins and all. 
I was thinking all week what I could make...hmmmm...well my cousins are making desserts too....so.
Cake, cookies, cupcakes, brownies, pudding? What? Something small. I needed help from my mom. She said,"What about cookies they could nibble on?" 


YEA!! But, not plain cookies. Lets add CHOCOLATE!! 


There we go. 
I always wondered how to make these. So, I did! 
This might be a long blog post...so be prepared! 


I got this recipe from the back of the 12oz bag of Hershey's Kisses. So, Thanks Hershey's! 
The recipe calls for peanut butter. My family likes peanut butter, so it was good to go.


These were pretty good! 
It calls for 48 chocolate kisses, but i think I only used about...43?
The recipe says roll them in sugar, idid and they came out all sparkly and soft and chewy and...I'm getting hungry!


You can see I used a D.C comics bowl my brother got when he was like, 3 or 4. 
After they out out of the oven EVERYONE wanted one. They still do right now.


Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies

40-48 Hershey Kisses Milk Chocolate
1/2 cup of shortening
3/4 cup of peanut butter 
1/3 cup white sugar 
1/3 brown sugar 
1 egg
2 tablespoons milk 
1 teaspoon vanilla extract 
1 1/2 cups of flour
1 teaspoon baking soda 
1/2 teaspoon salt
Additional sugar 

Directions:

Pre-heat oven 375 F and remove wrappers from chocolates.
Beat shortening and peanut butter in a large bowl until well blended. Add sugar and brown sugar; beat until fluffy. Add egg, milk, and vanilla; beat well. 
Set a side wet mixture; stir together flour, baking soda and salt. Beat in wet mixture. Shape dough in to 1-inch. 
Bake 10-12 minutes or in till golden
When you take them out you have to add the Kiss. Yes, the Kiss will melt. So I recommend you eat it while its hot! 







 

No comments:

Post a Comment