Sunday, September 15, 2013

Let's get Savory 

UHG... I've not been so good this week. My allergies have been KILLING me. 
This morning I had a LOVELY allergy attack. Which includes, coughing, sneezing, eyes watering, sweating and crying. BLAH!! 
I didn't go to school on Wednesday, and on Thursday I had early dismissal. 


I know, this is a baking blog, but I decided to share my Sunny Paris Dip. 
My friend, Nel, and her family found this recipe and she would take it to school all the time and we would eat it with sugar snap peas, or some chips. She gave me the recipe, but I lost it! I could only remember that it had plain yogurt and mayonnaise. She also said it had to be Duke's Mayonnaise and only Wallaby Yogurt. 


I just got store brand yogurt and mayonnaise. It tastes the same. So, I have no clue what she was talking about. My other friend, Francesca, also got the recipe and instead of getting plain yogurt she got vanilla. YOU HAVE TO GET PLAIN, NO FLAVORED YOGURT. 
When I opened the yogurt to make the dip, it smelled some what like vanilla, but then again, I wasn't feeling good. 


The seasoning that is in the dip and makes the dip taste good is the Sunny Paris Seasoning from Penzey's. My mom and I LOVE Penzey's. If you look at our spice cabinet, more than 80% is Penzey's Spices. We get their spices because they are more fresh than store spices, and are more natural. 

Sunny Paris Dip

1/3 cup plain yogurt 
1/3 cup mayonnaise 
1 tea. Sunny Paris Seasoning 

-Mix yogurt and mayonnaise together, then add seasonings. 
Refrigerate over night for best taste.

Great with potatoes, chicken, sugar snap peas, and pita chips. 



-Julia 
A.K.A Young City Baker  



No comments:

Post a Comment