Monday, February 17, 2014

Slightly Healthy Chocolate Muffins 

Hello! I know I haven't posted in awhile, and I'm sorry. I had Mid-Terms and school, and things like that. But here I am!! 



So, as you can see, I edit my photos know. I'm so excited!! I found this web site called Pic Monkey.
Ever since I found out about Pinterest (thanks to my mom), I've seen all these edited pictures. I have always wondered how and where they edit pictures. 
Okay, okay...enough about editing and more about what I made. 
I made: Slightly Healthy Chocolate muffins, or how Yammie's Noshery calls it: 

Secretly Healthy Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins. Instead of using straight up sugar, she uses applesauce, bananas, and a little bit of brown sugar. YUM!! Oh, and there is no fat. No butter, no oil.

I've been wanting to try one of Yammie's recipes. She actually has 3 recipes in the labeled: Secretly Heathy. She has an AMAZING blog, she's one of my favorites! 
Her photography and editing skills are, like, 10x better thank mine. But then again I am only 12 year old (13 years old in May). 




Slightly Healthy Chocolate Muffins:

1 egg
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup applesauce (I used natural)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup mashed bananas (about 2-3 bananas)
1 cup all-purpose flour (or substitute it with oat flour)
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup cocoa powder 
Chocolate chips (optional)
Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease muffin tin, or line with muffin tins. Whisk together the egg, sugar, applesauce, vanilla, and bananas. Mix the dry ingredients and add to the wet. Mix just until combined. Add some chocolate chips if you want. Bake for about 20-25 minutes.  

I hope you guys liked this recipe as much as me and my family did. 


-Young City Baker 
A.K.A Julia 




"Always remember: If you're alone in the kitchen and you drop the lamb, you can always just pick it up. Who's going to know?" -JULIA CHILD 






No comments:

Post a Comment